Sports

India and South Africa: Will rain disrupt the second day of the first Test? Check today’s Centurion weather as KL Rahul battles him – Magazine Creations

Rain disrupted the first day of the first Test between India and South Africa at SuperSport Park in Centurion. Only 59 overs can be played. Will the extreme weather conditions spoil the fun of the second day of cricket as well? lets take alook. Please note that all times refer to local time in India.

The forecast calls for a wet start in Centurion, with a 66% chance of rain at 9:30am. As we progress through the morning, this probability drops to 34% at 10:30 AM and drops to just 14% by 11:30 AM. The match kicks off at 1:30pm when the skyline will likely cover itself in grey. However, the chances of rainfall remain marginal, ranging between 11% and 20%.

As the night progresses, the risk of rain escalates, with a 33% chance at 11:30 p.m., peaking at 37% an hour later. However, these predictions are unlikely to cause any concerns for India or the Proteas.

India vs south 1st test day 1

Kagiso Rabada took key wickets including Shreyas Iyer, Virat Kohli and Ravichandran Ashwin. Kohli and Iyer had earlier formed a crucial partnership after India’s top majors buckled under pressure.

Nandre Burger dismissed openers Yashasvi Jaiswal and Shubman Gill. The Indian team faced further setbacks when Rabada removed skipper Rohit Sharma. The South African achieved a personal milestone by taking his 500th wicket at international level.

Meanwhile, Rahul kept his cool. He led the team beyond 200 runs. India’s innings eventually reached 208/8 in 59 overs. On day two, Rahul will go on off 70 off 105 balls. He will look for support from Mohammed Siraj, who is batting 0 after playing 10 balls.

disclosure: Weather data was obtained from Weather.com

Open a world of benefits! From helpful newsletters to real-time inventory tracking, breaking news and a personalized newsfeed – it’s all here, with just one click! Log in now!

Get all the sports news and updates on Live Mint. Download the Mint News app for daily market updates and live business news.

More less

Published: Dec 27, 2023, 10:11 AM IST

ustby

Sponsored Links Available Discover a world of inspiration at Magazine Creations. Dive into our diverse categories – Business, Guide, Lifestyle, Sports, Technology, Travel, and Trends – and fuel your passion for the latest insights. Uncover the trends shaping industries, lifestyles, and beyond. Explore Magazine Creations and stay ahead of what's next Email us at: magazinecreations070@gmail.com

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button