Ahmedabad Police on Sunday registered a case against the man who breached security and hugged Virat Kohli during the 2023 Cricket World Cup final between India and Australia at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad.
Who is Wayne Johnson?
1) Speaking to the media, the stadium intruder who breached security and entered the field during the final match between India and Australia said: “My name is John… I am from Australia. I entered (the field) to meet Virat Kohli.” . I support Palestine…”
2) He was a fan of Palestine and was wearing a shirt bearing the Free Palestine logo and a mask the color of the Palestinian flag as he stormed the field during the ongoing final match.
3) “I suffer from meme disorder which causes me to think about memes 20 hours a day. I spend 90% of my life reading memes. Memes memes memes and more memes!! “I have a very boring and anti-social life,” read another account called “gofundme.” From Wayne, as quoted from him Times Now.
4) The sources said Indian Express That Johnson was a prankster on TikTok and “has a history of hacking into matches.” He is also said to be a big fan of Kohli.
5) This is not the first time Wayne has entered the stadium after breaching security. He also upset the Women’s World Cup final this year, according to media reports.
6) An Instagram profile called “Pyjamamann” shows that the stadium striker has been protesting around the world for various reasons. During the Women’s World Cup final, he was seen wearing a “Free Ukraine” T-shirt while storming the field, delaying the match for approximately 20 minutes.
Important Alert!Livemint tops the charts as the world’s fastest growing news site 🌏 click here to know more.
Get all the sports news and updates on Live Mint. Download the Mint News app for daily market updates and live business news.
Updated: November 20, 2023, 07:43 AM IST